SKIING COURSE LEVELS
- Green – Beginners – first time on skis
Objectives: Snowplough turns, traversing and adjusting to the slope, sudden stops, avoiding an obstacle, control of execution and speed on curves, acceleration and deceleration, standing up.
- Blue - Snowplough turns on blue piste
Objectives: Parallel-ski turns on the blue piste, first approach to the red pistes, slopes and speed.
- Red 1 – Parallel turns on red pistes
Objectives: Parallel turns on red pistes, centrality and stability of the upper body, bending of legs and use of ski pole.
- Red 2 – High-speed parallel turns on red pistes
Objectives: alterations in slope and control of speed in parallel turns, different turn radius, angulation, use of ski pole and correct distribution of movement (rhythm).
- Black – Controlled turns with edge grip on black pistes
Objectives: Dynamic centrality, stability, parallel skis position, weight distribution, different inclined positions, forward change, approach to different pistes (piste edge, humps, fresh snow).
- Green – Beginners – first time on a snowboard
Objectives: Simple curves, traversing and adjusting to the slope, sudden stops, avoiding an obstacle, experimenting with switch riding, acceleration and deceleration, standing up and simple use of ski-lifts.
- Blue - Curves on the blue piste
Objectives: good control of the board, switch curves, basic flat tricks, approach to the first red pistes and the slope.
- Red – Semi-controlled curves on red pistes
Objectives: Semi-controlled curves on red pistes, control of the board on black pistes, switch riding, basic freestyle manoeuvres and movements.
- Black – Controlled curves on black pistes and basics of freestyle and freeride
Objectives: safety on the black pistes with variable terrain and humps, improving piste technique in snowparks and in fresh snow.